Mar 30, 2010
This past past Monday (March 29, 2010), the Utah Governor’s office invited Brandt Page, Launch Leads’ CEO and Founder, to give the keynote address at the Governor’s Student Business Summit as part of the Utah Economic Summit.
Besides overseeing Launch’s amazing growth, Brandt was a natural fit for the university and high school students in attendance. Launch was featured in UtahCEO magazine as the sixth fastest growing company in Utah that was originally founded by a student. Inc. magazine invited Brandt to apply for the magazine’s 30 Under 30 list and American Express asked Brandt to contribute to its Twitter platform for business owners. Most recently, Brandt was awarded the Utah Technology Council’s Emerging Executive of 2009.
Some of the advice Brandt shared with the students:
- Get mentors, and use them! (a concept Brandt was featured in UtahCEO for following)
- Do not just give equity away in your company
- Sell your business service before you start it
- Be willing to share your business ideas, do not keep them a secret
- Be smart, finish strong in school
- If you are going to fail, fail fast
- Take action